Who we are
When you walk through the doors of New Hope you will experience a church full of life! You will see old and young people, men and women, adults and children, and differently abled individuals. Because we have all generations represented we like to think of ourselves as a family. And like all big families there is always room for more! New Hope Presbyterian Church is made of about 120 members. We are committed to being a neighborhood church in West Davenport. We continue to look for ways to serve our community and to strengthen our own faith in God.
It all started in 2007 when two small Presbyterian Churches in Northwest and West Davenport thought they could strengthen their ministry if they combined their gifts and resources. Ridgeview Park Presbyterian Church in Northwest Davenport and West Park Presbyterian Church in West Davenport became New Hope Presbyterian Church in February of 2008. Our mission is to honor the 50 years of history of each congregation, while moving forward to minister in Christ's name in the present. Our name says it all. We are filled with new hope for our future.
At New Hope Presbyterian Church
We are all about people. We value one another's unique contributions to our congregation. We encourage one another in our lives and in our faith. We are on a journey of discipleship, together, supporting one another and having fun along the way.
We Are Presbyterian
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA). Some of our Presbyterian beliefs are:
- We believe that God is love.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is how God speaks to us, walks with us, comforts us today.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God, and that same God loves us so much that God has chosen to enter into a covenant relationship with us.
- We believe grace abounds.
- We believe the Bible still speaks to us today and has a unique claim on our lives.
- We believe that all people are called by God to use their talents and abilities to serve.
- We believe that all we have is a gift from God and that we are to be good stewards of what has been entrusted to us.
- We believe that we are called to seek peace and work for justice in our community and world.